EXPERIENCED TRIAL ATTORNEY
The Law Offices of John M. Mayer, Jr. are skilled in assisting clients handle various legal issues. Our philosophy is simple. We tell clients the truth, not just what they want to hear and provide the best legal guidance possible. We prepare all cases as if they are going to trial. With more than 40 years of trial experience in state and federal courts, we are highly qualified in the following areas:
- Divorce, Custody, Child Support
- Grandparent rights
WILLS, POWER OF ATTORNEY, TRUSTS, PROBATE
- Drunk Driving (DUI)
- Traffic violations
- Probation violations
- Drug-related violations
- Automobiles, Trucks, Motorcycles
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Fire/Property Damage
- Property Line Disputes
- Trials in State and Federal Courts (excluding Small Claims)
BUSINESS and CORPORATIONS
- DIVORCE: We are knowledgeable and prepared to handle any divorce, contested or uncontested. There is uncertainty felt by anyone who makes the decision to file for divorce. You may be concerned about whether you will be all right financially or whether you will be able to stay in your home, or whether you will have custody of your children. You may wonder if you are even making the right choice. All of your concerns are valid; it is how your divorce lawyer handles them that matters.
- CUSTODY: Many times after a divorce, custody issues arise. We will make this difficult process as easy as possible. We help ease your concerns by educating you about your rights and your options so that you can make informed decisions that support the parent/child relationship.
- CHILD SUPPORT: Whether you are receiving child support or paying child support, there may be changes throughout the years, depending upon the increase or decrease in salary. We will be an advocate for you and what is fair.
- PATERNITY: If you are a mother of a child born out of wedlock, you have the right to receive child support from the father. Paternity must first be established by the Court as to the biological father of the child. If you are the biological father of a child born out of wedlock, you have parental rights if you have paternity established by the Court.
- ADOPTIONS, GUARDIANSHIPS, GRANDPARENT RIGHTS: Regardless of the situation, we will make the process as easy as possible for you. Adoptions require properly filed local and State documents, which we have experience in preparing. Guardianships, whether it is for a minor child or an older person who cannot take care of themselves, can be obtained through the Court for you to be the legal guardian over another person and protect that person and the assets of that person. Grandparents also have rights to see their grandchildren under certain circumstances. The rights of grandparents depend upon the facts of your case.
WILLS, POWER OF ATTORNEY, TRUSTS, PROBATE:
Power of Attorney will allow you to appoint a person you trust to make decisions for you, if you become unable to make decisions regarding your finances or well-being due to illness or incapacity. Everyone should have a Last Will and Testament in order to have your assets distributed the way you want upon your death. If you have children, you may want to form a Trustand designate a Trustee so that your assets will be protected for your children. Probate simply means upon your death, your Will is recognized by the appropriate Court and your estate assets are distributed/transferred to those people you chose in the Will to have your assets. We provide clients simple resolutions of complex probate and estate matters at difficult times.
When you are facing criminal charges of any kind, your life has just been turned upside down and you need help. Many people make the mistake of choosing a lawyer who does not care about their future, resulting in a poorly devised defense that might do you more harm than good. If you are ready to take control of your life, we are passionate advocates for our clients.
Accidents can leave you suffering in more ways than just physically. The emotional and financial injuries that often result can be overwhelming, and even life changing.We have seen firsthand the devastating results that can occur because of an accident that could have been prevented. If another’s negligent actions lead to your injuries, we can help you seek just compensation for lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. In cases where negligence results in death, the victim’s family may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim.
With decades of experience representing and protecting injured clients in accidents throughout Kentucky, Indiana and Florida, we have the skills and resources needed to help you recover from an unexpected accident.
We can transfer real estate/time shares by preparing and recording a deed in Indiana, Kentucky, and Florida. Transferring ownership of real estate can be a tool of estate planning. We can also handle property line disputes, protecting your real estate from someone who may be taking advantage of you by impairing your clear title to your property.
Our aggressive approach to representing our clients begins with an early, in-depth case assessment, which includes an initial determination of the validity of the case, and we then make recommendations that are structured to produce the best results for the client. We are always ethical and professional, yet both strategic and aggressive as we know how our opponents seek to minimize the value of your claim. Although the Courts routinely order alternative dispute resolution (mediation), we are always prepared to take a case to trial.
Most policyholders expect their insurance company will be there for them when tragedy strikes after an accident, injury, loss or damage to their property. Unfortunately, all too often insurance providers are more focused on making a profit than they are on fulfilling their contractual obligations to policyholders. If you are involved in a dispute with an insurance company that is attempting to diminish, delay or deny your claim, we can help. With decades of experience fighting to represent innocent policy holders against large insurance companies, we have the skills required to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Whether you are visiting the doctor for a routine checkup or having surgery, you are relying on the help of medical professionals. When a member of the medical community is negligent and causes you or your loved one to become injured or ill, know that you have legal rights. Victims of medical malpractice suffer not only financially, but also physically and mentally. We can help you obtain the compensation you deserve for past, present and future medical expenses, lost wages, mental anguish, loss of quality of life, and more. In cases where negligence results in death, the victim’s family may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim.
BUSINESS and CORPORATIONS:
We can assist our clients with all types of matters that arise in the day-to-day operations of their business. The following are some of the services we can provide to our business clients:
- Consulting and general counsel services
- Counseling client with selection of proper type of entity and preparation and filing of business formation documents
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts and leases
- Buy-sell agreements
- Closely held business issues
- Acquisition and divestiture of business assets
- Unfair business practices
- Real estate matters
- Business “divorces” and other types of business litigation